- Open pit operation with a 16-year life of mine plus additional 20 years of aglime production from reclaimed tailings, totalling 36 years of operation
- Phased production will focus on mining high-grade oxidized ore in initial years of operation – Phase 1 mining oxidized ore, Phase 2 mining fresh carbonatite ore and Phase 3 producing aglime only
- Minimum tailings disposal with only 10% of tailings generated over the life of mine – reduced environmental footprint
- Phosphate concentrate grading 30.1 to 32.7% P2O5, aglime concentrate grading 40% CaO with superior reactivity with a TNP of 84.7%
- Optimizations to crushing circuit, milling circuit, flotation circuit, filtration all resulted in CAPEX and OPEX reductions
- Market study confirms logistics cost advantage to displace phosphate imports and quality aglime by-product with no further processing required
Toronto, Canada, March 20, 2018 – Brazilian fertiliser developer Aguia Resources Limited (ASX: AGR, TSXV: AGRL) (“Aguia” or “Company”) is pleased to announce the completion of a Bankable Feasibility Study (BFS) for its flagship Três Estradas phosphate deposit. The Company retained Millcreek Mining Group from Utah, USA to complete the independent engineering and resource studies.