Sustainable Development Charter
At Aguia Resources Limited (“Aguia”), we believe the success of our business is underpinned by a strong commitment to all aspects of sustainable development with an integrated approach to economic, social and environmental management and effective corporate governance.
Health and Safety Policy
Aguia believes that sound occupational health and safety management practices are in the best interests of its employees, its business, its shareholders, and the communities in which it operates.
We therefore seek to eliminate work-related incidents, illnesses and injuries by identifying, assessing and, where reasonably practical, eliminating or otherwise controlling hazards.
Aguia regards caring for the environment as an integral part of our business and is committed to operating in a responsible manner which minimises our impact on the environment.
To fulfil this commitment, we will:
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations;
- Implement and maintain effective environmental management systems;
- Integrate environmental factors into decision-making throughout project life-cycles;
- Assess the potential environmental effects of our activities and manage environmental risk;
- Regularly monitor, and strive to continually improve our environmental performance;
- Rehabilitate the environment affected by our activities;
- Promote environmental awareness among our personnel and contractors to increase understanding of their roles and responsibilities in relation to environmental management; and
- Consult and communicate openly with host communities, governments and other stakeholders.