- Sampling and mapping of Big Ranch Target in Rio Grande do Sul returned up to 7.74 g/t Au from a gossan sample, a strong indicator of possible copper-bearing sulfide minerals at shallow depth
- Soil sampling along the Big Ranch Target outlines a copper anomaly in excess of 6 km flanking the northern border of the Caçapava Granite
- Aguia is infilling the initial reconnaissance soil survey lines and has begun detailed soil sampling where the gold-rich gossans occurred
- Next step will be a ground geophysical survey to follow-up soil geochemical anomalies using induced polarization (IP) techniques
- Preparations underway for the upcoming public hearings as part of the environmental permitting process of its Flagship Três Estradas phosphate project
Toronto, Canada, April 19, 2018 – Aguia Resources Limited (ASX: AGR, TSXV:AGRL) (“Aguia” or “Company”) is pleased to announce that ongoing mapping and sampling along the Big Ranch target has returned up to 7.74 grams per tonne Au in a gossan sample. As announced previously, the Company has discovered a new zone of copper mineralisation on ground staked within the Rio Grande Copper Belt, as a result of regional exploration activities in the State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.